Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's coming!

Easter, that is... Today I got out the fabric and cut Marie's Easter dress  out. 

 (I'm going to be using a Pink Fig peasant dress pattern.)

I can't believe she's 3 years old, and it's already time to make her dress... I didn't hardly enter my sewing room all this last winter, with the exception for making the flower girl dress for Katie's wedding.  Is there such a thing as sewing depression?  Life has been full, I've had a lot of general fatigue, and I needed something to make me sew....and guess what?  Now that I'm partway into this project, I'm getting excited about it, and even cut out a summer top for her while I had my stuff out!

(2011)

I think the blue polka-dot dress I made last year would still fit, (it was pretty big!) but like I said, I really need an excuse to make myself sew again.

(2010)
It's a tradition, getting a mama-made dress every year for Easter, a tradition passed down from my Mom who made us girls countless Christmas and Easter dresses.  And I'm happy to taking my place in our tradition, sewing frilly little spring dresses for Marie each year.


It's a labor of love. (Definitely cheaper to buy them nowdays!)  But dressing a little girl all girly is one of the joys of having a daughter and being a mommy.

I know I won't be able to sew for her forever, 
so I'm making the most of it now! 

Jessica

(2009--with straight hair!)


10 comments:

  1. I love seeing the pictures of Marie in all her past dresses! And I can't wait to see this year's dress. Are you also going to make the ruffly pants?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting excited about sewing again. Nothing like a super cute girl to motivate you to sew a sweet dress for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little fancy dresses for springtime are so sweet! Can't wait to see what the finished dress looks like.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is a labor of love! you are so right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky little girl. It's not just the dresses your giving her but the love of sewing as well. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful reason to sew! I am gearing up to make my soon to be 3 yr. old daughter a special dress as well. I'm sure the one you are making will be lovely, as I really liked the one you posted of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very lucky little lady. The fabrics you have chosen are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those fabrics make me so happy!! And that precious baby...she is a dolly.

    I remember the first year for my Lu that I didn't make her dress...I let myself off the hook because of time constraints and it was completely OK. I had been determined to make all of her Easter dresses FOREVER. :) Of course, it was still Easter and we were still blessed, whether I made her dress or not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You inspire me to sew more for my 2 year old! And you are right, better do it now while she doesn't care if it's homemade or not! You are awesome for sewing for your little one! Most mommies don't have time anymore.

    ReplyDelete